Monday, October 19, 2009

Recommendation: Ernie Ball Earthwood Acoustic Guitar Strings


Strings are often overlooked by guitar players. This is surprising because I think different brands differ considerably in tone and feel.

I've been through a lot of different sets over the years searching for the ultimate acoustic tone and these strings give the best tone per dollar in my opinion. They're incredibly vibrant and resonant and really bring out the natural tone of your acoustic. I play a Fender f-65 (made in Japan circa 1980) and these strings make it sound better than any other that I've tried.

First I went with a lighter gauge, but found that the medium lights are the best as they deliver smooth and rich bass tones as well as a nicely balanced treble. These are highly recommended and typically retail for around $5 a pack so they are also quite cost effective. Don't be afraid to check 'em out.

No comments:

Post a Comment